Read on for more information about the position, but here’s a handy link for that application form.
With the warmer months among us, there’s never been a better time to invite friends and family round for a mouthwatering BBQ.
From chicken thighs to brisket, wings to pulled pork, there is no shortage of things to cook on the grill. However, while (almost) everyone loves BBQ, few people actually know how to cook it well. The result? Kitchen chaos and botched backyard barbecues that leave entire families crying over their burnt brisket.
Barbecuing is indeed the perfect excuse to spend time with friends and family, and it does provide a creative outlet by allowing chefs to experiment with different cooking methods, but we want to level up America’s grill knowledge by finding a grillmaster who is passionate about all things backyard barbecue.
So, when it comes to preparing tender meats on the BBQ, what role do you assume?
Are you a lazy “backseat barbecuer” who conserves their energy for the all-important taste test, OR do you take the lead like a good pitmaster should, charging into action and ensuring that only the best prepared food meets the mouths of those hungry souls at your backyard barbecue?
If you answered the latter, GrillBabyGrill has the perfect opportunity for you. Our group of expert BBQ reviewers is looking to expand their team, offering an exciting new role as ‘Head of Grillovation’.
We are looking for someone passionate about BBQ, someone with strong opinions on the ancient art of grilling meat who can provide a fresh outlook on all things grilling. This candidate is also willing and able to create short video walkthroughs and reviews of various grill gear.
You DON’T need to have any experience in video, though that is a plus. You do need to be willing to use your phone to film and create videos that will be published to YouTube. We are looking for a barbecue geek whose charisma will shine through all mediums.
If this exciting role sounds like something you’d be interested in, check out all the relevant details below, including how you can get involved and apply.
Head of Grillovation
This is a part-time position that will (we hope) grow into a full-time role. We are hiring you for your barbecue knowledge, your vision, and because you can help lead the GrillBabyGrill brand into a brighter, more charbroiled future.
You’ll be smoking, eating, and reviewing products from the comfort of your own home. This is what the role consists of:
- Testing a range of BBQ equipment sent directly to your doorstep: charcoal grills, smokers, utensils and more. Some of this gear you’ll get to keep forever – make sure you have space.
- Writing and creating a set number of written and video reviews every month after a product has passed (or failed) your kitchen stress tests.
- Testing out various cooking methods, experimenting with different types of charcoals, marinades, and testing new ingredients.
- The opportunity to build your own cooking skills and personal brand as part of the GrillBabyGrill team.
We’re after someone who can bring a fresh set of ideas and opinions to the (dinner) table, someone who isn’t afraid to experiment, and someone with the ability to bring their backyard barbecue expertise to life via the written word and video content.
What the Successful Candidate will Receive
As ‘Head of Grillovation’ you will be provided with the equipment and knowledge to crush your role. The successful candidate will receive:
- Free grilling gear, sent directly to your address. This includes best pellet smokers, different types of grills, best outdoor wood fired pizza oven and limitless accessories to try out and review.
- This is a paid part-time position with the potential to evolve into a full-time role.
- The successful candidate will be paid $2000 a month, with a win-win incentive structure in place for hitting performance targets.
- The opportunity to build and grow your personal brand on one of the fastest-growing BBQ websites on the internet.
The Ideal Candidate
Whilst we believe anyone with a passion for BBQ and grilled meats is suitable, there are a few factors that will make you stand out. The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Is or was a pitmaster. We value “skin in the game” and there is no better way to demonstrate this than time spent at the grill. Amateur backyard Grillmasters are welcome to apply too.
- Is enthusiastic about new grilling technology, is knowledgeable about the newest available machinery, and calls it like they see it with no fluff.
- Has a critical eye. Isn’t afraid to test out new methods of grilling.
- Has a way with words. This is a BBQ site – you don’t need perfect grammar – but you should be willing and able to write and record engaging product reviews.
- Has a backyard setup where you can store, and photograph and video the products we send you.
While the role is only open for a month before we close this round to new applicants, we believe being a part of the team at GrillBabyGrill will allow you to gain valuable insight into the professional world of BBQ.
GrillBabyGrill’s head of recruitment said: “We’re so excited to announce our new job opening as Head of Grillovation.
“It’s an incredibly important role, and we’re excited to welcome whoever the lucky candidate is. We’re sure they will have an incredible time ensuring that America’s barbecue is up to scratch for all the grill lovers out there.”
If this opportunity sounds relevant and appropriate for you and you’d like to fill out an application, please fill in the form below.
Competition Terms & Conditions
Who is the promoter?
The promoter is BBQ experts, GrillBabyGrill.
What is the promotion
The title of the promotion is ‘Head of Grillovation’ at GrillBabyGrill.
How can I enter?
The entry dates are from 9 am on July 4th to 11.59 pm on the 15th of September 2022.
To partake in this promotion, you will need to:
Complete the entry form found on the GrillBabyGrill website by filling in your contact details. The best candidate will be picked by GrillBabyGrill employees.
By entering this promotion, the customer is opting into this promotion and agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
By entering this promotion, the winner agrees to follow the guidelines discussed while completing the trip.
Who is eligible to enter?
The competition is open to US residents aged 21 or over. In entering the promotion, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim a prize. The promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the promotion.
How will the winner be announced?
The winner will be contacted personally via GrillBabyGrill via the email provided during entering. The winner will be announced no longer than 30 days after the closing date via email.
How can the prize be claimed?
The prize must be claimed by the winner and no third party may claim the prize. If the winner cannot be contacted or has not claimed their prize within 48 hours of the announcement, GrillBabyGrill reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the closing time. The promoter does not accept any responsibility if the winner is unable to take up the prize.
The winner receives a grill/smoker and accessories from GrillBabyGrill to review. The review will then be published on the website describing their experience. The winner will be paid $2000 a month
GrillBabyGrill reserves the right to ask for certain items to be sent back to the company after a review has been completed.
When entering the competition, the entrant agrees that any personal information provided may be stored and used by the promoter when administering the prize draw.
Email accounts that have been closed during the time of the competition will not be eligible to claim their prize.
GrillBabyGrill reserves the right to disqualify winners if:
- They have breached the terms and conditions of the promotion
- The promoter cannot verify the accounts details
The promoter may release the name of the winner on their social media pages and website, and to the Committee of Advertising Practice (CAP) Codes if required to do so.
If GrillBabyGrill has any reason to believe that any customers/entrants have breached the terms and conditions, they reserve the right to exclude the customer/entrant from participating in the competition. The promoter reserves the right to hold, void, suspend, cancel or amend the prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so.