Last Updated on August 12, 2021
Do you love traveling the backwoods, camping, and outdoor life but hate having to leave behind your kitchen? Well, car camping just went gourmet.
Anywhere you can take a propane tank you can now have fresh, delicious pizza and more. You’ll never have to sacrifice freedom of movement for good pizza again with the Ooni Koda!
Founded by husband-and-wife powerhouse, Darina Garland and Kristian Tapaninaho, Ooni has been making innovative, high quality, and reasonably priced pizza ovens since 2013.
The idea for these ultra-compact but extremely powerful ovens was born from a shared love of making pizza at home. But the couple was continually frustrated by the inability of their home oven to achieve the taste and texture of super high heat restaurant ovens.
When they saw how expensive most home pizza oven are, Kristian said “there’s got to be a better option.” And there is! They designed a series of some of the fastest, most portable, and most cost-effective pizza ovens on the market.
Since their launch, Ooni has grown into an internationally renowned, multi-award winning business. And they’ve continued to pioneer pizza passion and technological advancement.
The company has a number of different pizza ovens, like the hardwood pellet fueled Ooni 3 and multi-fuel compatible Ooni Pro. But by far their easiest to use, lightest weight, and most portable is the propane fueled Ooni Koda that comes with bigger model too.
Pizza anytime, anywhere doesn’t have to be expensive or hard! Read on for an in-depth Ooni Koda review, full list of specifications, and thoughtful pros & cons list.
Ooni Koda: Review & Breakdown
First off, we love how easy to use and clean the Ooni Koda is. The gas fuel burns clean, leaving no gritty, greasy residue. The baking stone slides right out for a basic brush off, because the high heats do most of the cleaning for you.
The quality of construction is impeccable. It’s made from commercial grade carbon steel, and double insulated so that it retains heat and stays at the perfect temperature.
Due to this insulation, the oven reaches an impressive max temperature of 950 degrees F.
And when you give this pint-sized powerhouse about 15 minutes to preheat, it cooks fast too. You can have a 13 inch pizza perfectly cooked and ready to burn your mouth on in just 60 seconds.
The Ooni Koda is perfect for the outdoorsman too. It’s great for traveling to parks, car camping, and really anywhere that you can set up a propane tank.
That’s because this medium sized pizza oven has been tirelessly designed and redesigned to be not just effective, but highly compact. The legs fold down to make the total travel package just under 2 feet by 1.5 feet.
Gourmet pizza in 60 seconds from an oven that you can take as a carry on? Leave it to the obsessive pizza lovers at Ooni.
Folks who love entertaining can be the king of the neighborhood cookout with this super fast, and exceptionally transportable pizza oven. Once it’s up to heat, you’ll be cooking up gourmet quality personal pizzas for friends and family with such speed that it will put brisket to shame.
We do wish it came with a pizza peel, but luckily the Ooni store has a wide array of accessories to make your cooking experience even smoother.
You may want to read Ooni Koda vs Ooni Pro Reviews.
- Weighs 20.4 lbs or 9.25 kg
- Measures total of 11.75 inches high, 24.7 inches deep, 15.7 inches wide
- Baking stone is 13.25 x 13.25 inches, .39 inches thick
- Oven opening measures 3.25 inches high
- Total interior oven height of 5.9 inches
- Included 28mBar QCC1 gas hose stretches 38 inches
- Can be used outdoors in a variety of settings including backyard, park, and campsites
- Propane oven with simple knob controls
- Can cook an entire 13 inch pizza in about 60 seconds
- Able to cook meats, vegetables, bruschetta, open faced sandwiches, and more
- Can reach 950 degrees F (500 degrees C) in 15 minutes
- Maximum power usage of 4kWh or 13648 BTU
- Gas fuel and insulated design provides constant temperature and protection from wind
- Foldable legs allows for compact storage, 5.9 inches x 15.5 inches x 23.3 inches folded
- Flame Safety Device automatically turns off gas when the flame is extinguished
- Cold-rolled, commercial grade carbon steel shell with high heat resistant, powder-coated finish
- Ready to use straight out of the box
- Compatible with a variety of propane tank sizes
- Includes cordierite stone baking board and recipe book
- Manufacturer’s website sells a variety of replacement parts, carrying cases, accessories
- Free shipping and returns from manufacturer
- 60 day, money back “Great Pizza Guarantee”
- 3-year warranty
Looking for a pizza oven that doesn’t sacrifice power and performance for a sleek, portable design? The Ooni Koda is one of the best options available.
It weighs in at about 20 lbs and is small enough to fit in a suitcase. But this little oven can hit temperatures of 950 degrees F and cook a pizza in 60 seconds flat!
And it’s offered at a reasonable price. So, novice dough devotees and the accomplished home chef alike can take their pizza cuisine to whole new levels.
Most competitors simply cannot beat the combination of performance and price. So, for the best portable pizza oven around look no further than the Ooni Koda.