There are different types of smokers from offset to pellet smokers. We’ve done several reviews trying to find the best brand with the best priced products. Professionals like smokers based on quality and performance while regular home users like convenience. Here are all the most popular smokers that you can own.
This page is designed for bbq beginners (but useful to advanced pit masters too!)
So, let’s start!
What Are Smokers?
Smokers are cooking tools that allows you to cook slow and low and in a controlled temperature. Smoking meat is quickly replacing the summer tradition of hurriedly searing and grilling burgers, chicken, and veggies over an open fire. The low-and-slow technique of roasting delicious food until it falls off the bone is an art to be mastered by only those who are the most dedicated to serving food that makes their family and guests happy.
How To Choose
A lot goes into designing and manufacturing a superior smoker. Some examples of things to think about when buying a new smoker include cooking chamber material, temperature controls, and technology needs.
The best materials for smokers always have a remarkable ability to retain heat. Components like aluminum and steel excel at building and retaining heat because they don’t allow heat transfer or escape.
Temperature controls for a smoker are vital. Using simple methods like buttons and knobs on a smoker allows a pitmaster to easily control their masterpiece’s temperature without fretting about drying their meat out or undercooking it. Look for an option with digital readouts.
Some of the best and newest smokers can connect to your Wi-Fi and your home assistant. You get bonus points if you can monitor temperatures with a smartphone app.
Types of Smokers
Introduction to Pellet Smokers
Pellets smokers are thermostatically controlled. Plug it in and it will do the rest. Get ready to smoke, barbecue, boil, broil, roast, and sear. Clean up couldn’t be more straightforward with its easy access ash box. Just sweep out the ash after a grilling session, and you’re ready to go for next time.
Recommended Pellet Smokers
- The Best Pellet Smokers Reviews for 2022 – Your Complete Guide
- Best Pellet Grills for Searing Reviewed
Most Popular Pellet Smokers Brands
Introduction to Offset Smokers
Offset smoker is perfect for old-school grillers who are comfortable adding wood to fuel their fire by hand while monitoring their temperature gauge on the grill lid.
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Use an Offset Smoker Like a Pro
- The Ease of a Reverse Flow Smoker vs. Offset Smokers Level of Skill
Recommended Offset Smokers
- Best Offset Smokers for Every Price Range and Use 2021
- Best Smoker Grill Combos For Your Amazing BBQ Party
Introduction to Electric Smokers
This smoker uses wood chips, water, and a heating element to produce smoke
- 6 Essential Electric Smoker Tips and Tricks
- 8 Easy Steps to Clean Your Electric Smoker
- How to Smoke a Boston Butt in an Electric Smoker and Impress Your Family
- How to Smoke a Pork Roast in an Electric Smoker in 4 Simple Steps
- How to Smoke a Brisket in an Electric Smoker Like a Pro?
Recommended Electric Smokers
Introduction to Drum Smokers
- Easily Build a 55-Gallon Drum Grill in One Weekend
- Simple to Build with Delicious Results: DIY Cold Smoker
Recommended Drum and Vertical Smokers
- Drum Smoker Options for 2022 – Reviews and Top Picks
- Best Vertical Smoker Options for Authentic BBQ Flavor – 2022 Top Picks
Introduction to Propane Smokers
- How to Use a Propane Smoker Like a Pro?
- How to Connect a Propane Tank to a Grill the Right Way
- Electric vs. Propane Smoker – Which Is Better?
Recommended Propane Smokers
Introduction to Charcoal Smokers
- The Best Charcoal Smokers Available Right Now
- How to Smoke Ribs on a Charcoal Smoker at a Low Temperature?
To help and guide our users we also have these products compared to each other based on their quality, price and features.